We are an interdisciplinary group of theoretical physicists and chemists located at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Warsaw. We are a part of the Department of Modeling Complex Systems at the Institute of Theoretical Physics. We are also a part of Centre for Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics.
We work on the intersection of theoretical atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics and quantum chemistry. We are primary interested in engineering novel controllable quantum molecular systems for both fundamental research and upcoming quantum technologies.
Research topics investigated in our group include:
- Cold hybrid ion-neutral systems.
- Formation, dynamics, and control of ultracold molecules.
- Ultracold controlled collisions and chemical reactions.
- Magnetically tunable Feshbach resonances in ultracold gases.
- Quantum dynamics and simulations with quantum few-body systems.
- Matter-light interactions and photochemistry.
- P. Weckesser, F. Thielemann, D. Wiater, A. Wojciechowska, L. Karpa, K. Jachymski, M. Tomza, T. Walker, T. Schaetz
Observation of Feshbach resonances between a single ion and ultracold atoms
Nature 600, 429 (2021)
- T. Feldker, H. Fürst, H. Hirzler, N. V. Ewald, M. Mazzanti, D. Wiater, M. Tomza, R. Gerritsma
Buffer gas cooling of a trapped ion to the quantum regime
Nature Physics 16, 413 (2020)
- M. Tomza, K. Jachymski, R. Gerritsma, A. Negretti, T. Calarco, Z. Idziaszek, P. S. Julienne
Cold hybrid ion-atom systems
Rev. Mod. Phys. 91, 035001 (2019)
- A. D. Dörfler, P. Eberle, D. Koner, M. Tomza, M. Meuwly, S. Willitsch
Long-range versus short-range effects in cold molecular ion-neutral collisions
Nature Commun. 10, 5429 (2019)
- T. Schmid, C. Veit, N. Zuber, R. Löw, T. Pfau, M. Tarana, M. Tomza
Rydberg molecules for ion-atom scattering in the ultracold regime
Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 153401 (2018)
- M. Tomza
Energetics and control of ultracold isotope-exchange reactions between heteronuclear dimers in external fields
Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 063201 (2015)
- M. Tomza, R. Gonzalez-Ferez, C. P. Koch, R. Moszynski
Controlling magnetic Feshbach resonances in polar open-shell molecules with non-resonant light
Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 113201 (2014)
- Workshop on cold hybrid ion-atom systems, 8-10.06.2022, Warsaw, Poland
- International Conference on Precision Physics of Simple Atomic Systems, 16-20.05.2022, Warsaw, Poland
- Quantum Optics X, 5-11.09.2021, Toruń, Poland
- Summer School: Machine Learning in Quantum Physics and Chemistry, 24.08-3.09.2021, Warsaw, Poland
- 1st Symposium on Cold Interactions and Collisions 16.03.2019, Warsaw, Poland